12.16.2010

Twenty Minutes for Me


These flashes,

Cross above

My head,

From the passing Monorail,

It was never 5

That frequent.


Twenty minutes will do,

Watching this city,

In hustle.


Nonetheless, it is 10

Difficult so to immerse

Despite people running,

Shoving, shouting, panting,

Sweating, Syncopating footsteps, chewing crumbs;

In this bustling rush hour. 15


These flashes,

In my head,

Playing

Dead-mute;

Sunken 20

Under the hustle

Of morning rush.


Twenty minutes

Will do

Listening to 25

The morning rushes

In this beating city.


Now,

The Monorail that passes,

From above, 30

The concrete bridge,

I heard,

The deafening march

Chasing nigh o’ time.


Unable to 35

Freeze the time,

For this sudden

Membrance.


Twenty more minutes,

Just the time 40

For me to

Replay,

Your glimmering pair of eyes,

With your angelic smirk,

And your ghost, 45

That had harried

Here before.


This solid bench

Here,

Have waited you 50

Before,

In my beloved city.


This morning,

A hushed morning,

Despite the city running, 55

Shoving, shouting, panting,

Sweating, Sealing jaws, chanting stress;

Heralding the early rush.


My beloved city,

Buried is your smile, and 60

Your memories,

Behind these glossy walls

Caught in the clouds.


This morning-rise,

Hush and mush, 65

As I only would

Hear

My heart beating

The morning rush.


Translation for "Dua Puluh Minit Yang Dipinta"



No comments: