12.11.2009

30th St.

It’s silent tonight,

Contrarian to those ruddled rain nights,

Before in autumn

Last year.


The junction of my life,

The crossroads a mile in my neighbourhood,

Are still in bigotry,

The lamp lights, traffics,

Indifferent.


Wherefore then am I

In the middle of this midnight,

Alone with my coffee black aroma,

A blank day affront.


The morbid dry spell,

Spew frustration till dawn descends,

No car bridles the street, no gutsy wind pushing gossips,

I’m just a spectator of a dead night.


It was a festive week,

Perhaps everybody was still in breaks,

The masses’ mood somber, they need another good rest,

Expectation is an overused word, surprises would be speculatory.


I kept myself awake,

The whole night was restive of silence,

The ghosts do not need a flicker traffic light,

Who would need to cross the street in huddle tonight.


No rains tonight as songs for easy slumber,

Observing only the besotted traffic in 30th Street;

The street lamps that replaced the inglorious night moon,

Ghosts’ relative would also be staying homebound too tonight.

No comments: