9.14.2009

To You: September


Now I’m sitting in September,

The first letter I wrote you

In July,

Almost forgotten,

Is still with me, post-dated,

Have you read it?


Do I have to replace a new envelope again?

This has always been my

First letter to you,

In September,

I know you love collecting stamps,

Now I have a new one on this new envelope.



I wrote your name again,

Put it beside your bed again,

I love you.

Where were all the little stamps

In your beautiful stamp album?

I could keep this new one for you.


I will write you a new letter

For you tonight,

I do not wish to remember the old one,

Old tears and old memories,

Am I trying too hard?

I guessed you’ll feel the same.


But this long night is September’s night,

I have had every fresh memory of you,

I wish to tell you all again,

In this little letter.

I remember your beautiful smile,

I love you dearly.


This night today in September

Is a silent night,

There is not a single raindrop

To bury my recalls,

My quiet mind,

And my soberness.


This will still be my first letter

To you in September,

A new letter with a beautiful stamp,

Keep it for tonight,

“With love forever”:

To you in this final September's night.

No comments: